For those taking an active part in the congress, for example, by giving talks, workshops or holding panel debates, we offer free admission. Please send submissions for contributions to the program to care-program (at) vgt.at. We will do our very best to include all well thought out ideas in the program. Should the program become too full, we may ask contributors to combine issues where possible to ensure that as many people as possible have the chance to have their issue included.
Those reliably helping out during the conference with jobs such as door supervision, moderating. taking responsibility for the sound or taking care of the info-stand also have free admission on the day that they help out. Please contact events (at) vgt.at in advance for coordination.
Options for Program Contributions
- A 10 minute introduction talk followed by a 40 minute discussion. If more than one person submits the same issue, a further introduction talk can be given. Total time: 50 minutes.
- A talk lasts approximately 40 minutes with a further 10 minutes for discussion. Total time: 50 minutes.
- Panel debate
- A discussion with several speakers and a moderator. Particularly relevant issues can be given a double program session.
- Submissions to take part in the planned art exhibition can be made up until 31 August 2017 to events (at) vgt.at.
- Film screening
- It is also possible to screen films coupled with a discussion.
If I have given a lot of thought to a particular issue and I think my ideas are of interest to others then I can submit this as a talk. If I want as many other people as possible to air their views on an issue that is imortant to me, then a workshop is the best format. If there are opposing views on an issue that are held by various groups or individuals then I should submit this issue as a panel debate in which respective representatives can each make their case.
Please forward this call for contributions to all people, groups, organisations, email lists and social networks in the animal welfare/animal rights scene!
Constructive Congress Atmosphere
In order to ensure open discussion we need an atmosphere of unconditional respect between participants, speakers and their respective opinions.
There will be no admission to the congress for persons known to be active in giving police information about the animal rights movement or individuals in it.